6T8 Humbucker Set
This set came about for players looking for that ideal pickup to match with hollow and semi-hollow body guitars. For me, that is the 68 T-Top in an ES-335. I wind it with a #42 poly wire and use a long magnet instead of the original short magnet. And for those solid bodies that just seem to sound dead, no matter what you do to it, these will bring it back to life, no problem. I build every single one by hand with nothing but the finest material, the attention to detail, and the time it takes to do it right. They will be the last set you ever buy. Unless, of course, you own more than one guitar.
- Aged nickel plated 1959 Spec German nickel silver cover without the copper layer for transparent tone – just like the originals
- Rough finished, degaussed alnico 5 magnets for articulate notes and wide dynamics
- My own proprietary butyrate bobbins insure a coil and tone consistent to the originals every single time
- 42AWG poly wire wound to my specific number of winds and tension is what really sets mine apart from the others
- Vintage spec’d German nickel silver baseplates with long feet accommodate even the biggest height adjustments
- Vintage braided wire to stay true to the authenticity of the originals
- Standard Gibson P.A.F. style 49.2mm pole spacing
- Resistance may vary from set to set since the winding process goes strictly by the number of turns of wire but DC resistances tend to be around 8.0k for the bridge and 7.6k for the neck
Lifetime craftsmanship warranty against manufacture's defects. Satisfaction Guaranteed.
|Name||Magnet||DC Res||Wire Type|
|Sheptone 6T8 - Bridge||Alnico 5||7.8K||42 SPN (POLY)|
|Sheptone 6T8 - Neck||Alnico 5||7.4K||42 SPN (POLY)|
Share this Product
More from this collection
Blue Sky Humbucker Set
Inspired by the tones of the Allman Brother’s Dickey Betts, the Blue Sky set is an authentic P.A.F. style pickup with alnico 4 magnets. The...
Brian Kahanek Humbucker Set
This is the set I custom wind for Master Guitarist Brian Kahanek. Brian wanted a little "more push" for the amp from the treble pickup....
Custard Pie Humbucker
There is just so much going on in this pickup. It’s versatility is unmatched. I took the concept of what is behind my Heartbreaker pickup...