Tribute 4 Humbucker Set
Original PAF pickups came with alnico 5 or alnico 2 magnets, depending on what was available. While I have found that degaussed alnico 5 gives the best overall tone, some prefer the tone of alnico 2. Alnico 2 tends to be a bit squishy on the bottom end and can get muddy in the neck position. The best solution for this is to use an alnico 4 magnet which still has a nice dense field, with a lower coercive strength. This magnet gives the smoother character of alnico 2, while maintaining good clarity and punch. If you are an alnico 2 lover, this set is for you. Handcrafted one at a time. I build every single one with nothing but the finest material, the attention to detail, and the time it takes to do it right. They will be the last set you ever buy. Unless, of course, you own more than one guitar.
- Rough finished, degaussed alnico 4 magnets for articulate notes, wide dynamics, and more mids
- My own proprietary butyrate bobbins insure a coil and tone consistent to the originals every single time
- 42AWG plain enamel wire wound to my specific number of winds and tension is what really sets mine apart from the others
- Vintage spec’d German nickel silver baseplates with long feet accommodate even the biggest height adjustments
- Vintage braided wire to stay true to the authenticity of the originals
- Standard Gibson P.A.F. style 49.2mm pole spacing
- Resistance may vary from set to set since the winding process goes strictly by the number of turns of wire but DC resistances tend to be around 8.0k for the bridge and 7.6k for the neck
Lifetime craftsmanship warranty against manufacture's defects. Satisfaction Guaranteed.
|Name||Magnet||DC Res||Wire Type|
|Sheptone Tribute 4 - Bridge||Alnico 4||8.0K||42PE|
|Sheptone Tribute 4 - Neck||Alnico 4||7.6K||42PE|